2 - 1 Narrated Image Story
In this project you will create a "2 - 1 Narrated Image Story." This is a 2 minute story using ONLY 1 image.
- Develop our storytelling skills.
- Lay a foundation of storytelling with media.
- Discuss intellectual property and open media licensing.
- Discuss responsible media decisions / digital citizenship.
- Before this lesson, have students join a Seesaw class for their class section / homeroom.
- To introduce this lesson, the teacher can show a single image on the classroom projector/TV and share a story in 2 minutes or less about it. Use a visible timer (on an iPad/tablet, for example) so students see the time constraints as can the teacher. This step can be done the meeting day before the lesson procedures begin, or as the first procedure.
- Show the 4 minute TED talk video "The Technology of Storytelling," warning/discussing with students in advance there is a reference to inappropriate language about 2.5 minutes into the video.
- Use the "See Think Wonder" thinking routine to discuss this video together.
- In Seesaw, demonstrate to students how they can respond to the "2-1 Narrated Image Story" activity.
- Watch an example 2-1 Narrated Image Story created by someone else or by the teacher. (Hawaii volcano, Jumping Out of a Plane)
- Give students the option to publish their final 2-1 story on their Seesaw blog.
- Share links to student stories on Twitter using the hashtag #21narratedimagestory