5 - 10 Photo Digital Story
In this project students will use 5 to 10 copyright-friendly photos with narration and music to create a digital story.
- Develop student planning, organization and writing skills using media.
- Intentionally use media to create a mood, establish a setting, and convey feelings.
- Discuss intellectual property and open media licensing.
- Discuss responsible media decisions / digital citizenship.
- Setup or insure students are setup the by school IT department with free school / enterprise / "federated" logins to Adobe Spark for Education.
- Provide instructions for students and time to practice logging into Adobe Spark with their School Email / Google account.
- Use the provided student planning/storyboard template to create a sample video project to share with students.
- Create this new assignment in Google Classroom, including links to the video "What Makes a Hero?", the project planning / storyboard template (each student gets their own copy), and your sample video project.
- Test and verify unsplash.com and other required project websites are accessible on the school content filter.
- Discuss what makes a good story and what makes a hero? Show the TED-Ed Video, "What Makes a Hero?"
- Discuss the importance of planning and using media with intention to set a mood / establish a setting / convey feelings.
- Show the blank student planning / storyboard template, and your completed template example.
- Show your completed project video.
- Challenge students to experiment recording alternate forms of their story, using either/both different voices and/or different story endings.
- Provide students with the opportunity to publish their stories "outside the classroom" on a class blog, a class YouTube channel, or another website.
- Access more resources on digital storytelling on showwithmedia.com/digital-story/