In this project you will learn to record a browser-based screencast using Screencastify.
- Learn to plan and rehearse a screencast.
- Learn how to record and share a screencast.
- Create media recordings that are short, to the point, and effective.
- Develop basic navigation and building skills in a virtual world (Minecraft Education)
- Practice uploading, downloading, and organizing files in Google Drive (via saved Minecraft worlds)
- Install the Screencastify Chrome extension on your Google account in the Chrome browser. You will need to authorize Screencastify to use your microphone. (View this 2.5 min tutorial)
- Verify your computer headphones are working, and select USB HEADPHONES from System Settings - Audio - INPUT and OUTPUT.
- With a partner (Hosting a Minecraft Education world one of you creates) or by yourself, build a simple house in Minecraft Education.
- Be sure your house includes the following requirements:
- View the tutorial videos embedded on the right:
- Record your screencast, making sure it is 60 seconds long OR LESS! (Screencasts longer than 60 seconds will not receive credit!)
- Turn in the Google Drive link to your screencast video in Google Classroom.
- Share your short Minecraft screencast video on Seesaw.
- Choose to publish your screencast video to our class blog.