In this media project, students will create a "narrated image" about someone they consider a good role model for their life.
- Discuss the pros and cons of using WikiPedia as an information source, including the fact that most images included have copyright clearance for legal reuse.
- Practice using a script for a digital story.
- Learn about people students respect and look up to as role models.
- Practice respectful digital feedback skills. (Digital Citizenship)
- Add the shared Seesaw Activity "Good Role Model Reflection" to your teacher Seesaw Library.
- Assign the Seesaw activity to students in their current / active Seesaw class(es).
- Create a new Assignment in Google Classroom, adding the shared Google Doc "Good Role Model Reflection Script" as an attachment. Be sure to choose, "MAKE A COPY FOR EACH STUDENT."
- Show students the Seesaw Activity and ask them to take turns reading each step aloud.
- Show students the example completed script and example project.
- Ask them to login to both Google Classroom and Seesaw.
- After filling out / completing their script in Google Classroom, students should upload and record their audio in Seesaw.
- Remind students to write encouraging comments after listening to at least TWO of their classmates' projects in Seesaw. (After approval by the teacher.)
- View Commander Chris Hatfield's music video from the International Space Station, "Space Oddity," together and discuss.
- Encourage students to post their narrated image about their role model to their class Seesaw blog.