This lesson introduces students to the basics of creating animations using Scratch.
- Students will create personal Scratch accounts connected to their parent's email address.
- Students will learn how to create and modify basic animations in Scratch.
- Students will animate a scientific process, historical event, or other curricular concept using Scratch.
- Insure the Scratch website is accessible from the computers students will use.
- Create (if you have not already) a teacher Scratch account.
- Familiarize yourself with basic Scratch project types and programming blocks.
- Obtain parent email addresses from your School Information System in case students do not know them or need to verify spelling.
- Help students create Scratch accounts. Their userIDs must be unique across the "Scratch universe," so they may need to add numbers. Require students to use their accurate / true birth year, as well as parent email address.
- Show students how to view and use SCRATCH ANIMATION TUTORIALS. After clicking CREATE - choose TUTORIALS - ANIMATION.
- Provide time and support for students to experiment with different blocks and create different types of animations. Consider starting with the MAKE IT FLY.
More Scratch Resources are available on: